Back in the dark misty times...

Back in the dark misty times...
Genealogy, joyfully discovered ~

Thursday, October 18, 2012

Transcribing Spanish documents

After my posting a few days ago, my cry for help in transcribing the documents for Jacinta Modesta Trascasas Silvan's birth record and the marriage record for her parents, Manuel Trascasas Alonso and Manuela Marzo Garcia --- was answered!  Thanks to my Spanish-genealogist friend, Steven A., it appears we have more clues to the family history.  Still in draft modes but I found an answer to one of my questions!

Question:  What happened to Manuel Trascasas Alonso and when did he die?  We knew that Manuela Marzo Garcia remarried and that man was stepfather to our bisabuela, Eustoquia Rita Trascasas Marzo.  We also knew he was a mean-spirited and dangerous man.

Answer:  We don't know when he died but we have a clue as to why.  The marriage document shows he was nearly 60 years old when he married the young 24-year-old Manuela Marzo Garcia~  They had two daughters that we know of.  At age 60, he undoubtedly had other children from previous marriage(s).  So he probably died of old age and left Manuela with young children.  She remarried because she couldn't raise them alone and economics prevailed.

This definitely helps me with the part of my story involving these family members.  MANUELA'S FOOTSTEPS is coming together with these bits and pieces and other information I obtained while in Spain.  I am most anxious to get past research and back to writing.  THANK YOU STEVEN A. ~

No comments: