Back in the dark misty times...

Back in the dark misty times...
Genealogy, joyfully discovered ~

Friday, October 12, 2012

Bits and Pieces of a Spanish dream

It seems strange to be back in the Estados Unidos again after flitting through Spain, trying to comprehend the language, the culture and the people.  But the photos I snapped keep popping into my mind and memories continue to slip into my head and heart off and on all day.  As I walk my fingers through the papers of notes I jotted down during my journey and edit the photos, I actually live the dream all over again.  What a lovely way to spend the day...

This was my view above the apartment Steven and I were given to spend the first and last days of our trip.  The apartment is directly below this wonderful, tiled patio and the view from three sides spread before us as far as our eyes could see.   On the night we had a full moon, I slipped up there with my camera but the bright orb was wondrous to my eye, not so much through the camera's lens.  So, memory will have to suffice.  The tiles are everywhere; in the kitchens (floor and walls); in the bathrooms (floor walls and some ceilings); on stairsteps, house fronts, driveways and alleyways!
And shopping was such fun.  I found shelves of dry garbanzo beans, jars of cooked garbanzo beans and hanging hams and sausages.  In many stores, I found older people sitting in chairs chatting with the store people or on the streets in front.  People actually stop their schedules to hug, kiss and talk to one another.  How unique is that??!





 
And it was lovely to SEE what the food looked like on their menu.  My next posting will be village by village and later a list of several thoughts on what to NOT do when you plan a trip to Spain or anywhere else in Europe...  Chau for now...

No comments: