Back in the dark misty times...

Back in the dark misty times...
Genealogy, joyfully discovered ~

Sunday, October 2, 2011

Spanish ESP

During the course of the day, my mind flew to Hawaii several times because tomorrow is Auntie Victoria Gonzales W. birthday and I made mental plans to call and wish her a lovely, special day first thing tomorrow, Hawaii time. While I worked, I created the Silvan family tree I am preparing for all the cousins and for my family. I built a Silvan summary. And all the while, I thought of Plumeria trees and Hawaiian leis. I flipped through the Gonzales file to check on all the cousins I have met and smiled. Then, I thought of Auntie Vicky again and the birthday... wondering how she would spend her day. And noted all the Gonzales cousins I have yet to find ~

When the phone rang about 6 o'clock here on the east coast, our brand new phone alerted us to a phone call from someone named George. What? Auntie Vicky? YES~ There she was on the other end of the phone, beating me to the punch by one day!

I always enjoy our conversations because she is such a fun-loving lady and her voice reminds me so much of a very dear auntie of mine who is long gone. So, I smile as I write this just as I smiled when I picked up the phone and realized she had also been thinking about me.

What a delightful journey finding, meeting, smiling, conversing and learning to love all these new Silvan relatives. I can hardly wait to be part of the Silvan lives as I continue with my research and write this fascinating Spanish story for all of us.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, AUNTIE VICKY --- Sending smiles filled with the essence of flowers and wishing I could be part of the birthday party you will have with your loving family around you... Hug the 'babies' for me.

No comments: