Back in the dark misty times...

Back in the dark misty times...
Genealogy, joyfully discovered ~

Monday, October 10, 2011

Back to Hawaii - Full Circle

My growing family connections into the Silvan family line continue to intrigue and delight me. Even though my answers to several questions have spawned more questions, I am eager to step into the investigator mode and see what happens.


I've made notes, memorized names, places and studied maps for my trip to Spain. I learned that my cousins in California have pieces of the stonework from Santa Maria church in Fuentesauco. I smiled when I heard that Linda and Patte held the pieces as mementos when they walked down the aisles on each of their wedding days. Ah, how special was that? I thought. Their father and mother stood before that old church, spoke with the priest and came away with chunks of their history. Maybe when I get to Fuentesauco, I can chunk out my own little piece from the corner of the building? (*smile*)

Coming full circle is an expression I've heard many times but did not hit me as hard as it did last night when I received an email from another cousin, Jerilynn, with a photograph of her cousin (Tara), her Aunt Tina (Christina Gonzales L.) and Aunt Vicky in Hawaii! She said her cousin, Dutch, is actually building a home on the big island. So, all those many years ago, their ancestors, Christina and Eusebio Gonzales arrived from Spain, worked and saved and worked some more until they could move their family to California... and now their descendants are slowly emigrating back to Hawaii. Oh, how I smiled at that photograph and maybe one day I will just fly over there and see them all!!

No comments: