Back in the dark misty times...

Back in the dark misty times...
Genealogy, joyfully discovered ~

Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Another Silvan photograph to share ~


Oh, the joy of reaching out and feeling the cousin connections respond! Today I received several photographs from my new cousin, Patte Gonzales K. and it reminded me of the day she and her sister, Linda Gonzales R. first showed it to me. They did not know who was standing next to their grandparents, Christina and Eusebio Gonzales. I'd seen the photograph several months ago and I didn't know who was standing next to my great grandparents, John and Rita Silvan. VIOLA! My great grandparents and their grandparents. We shared the smiles! FROM THE LEFT: Christina Silvan (Gonzales), Juan Francisco Silvan Hernandez, Eustoquia Rita Marzo Trascasas (Silvan) and Eusebio Feliz Gonzales. This photo may have been taken in the late 1930s or early 1940s.
Today, I reached out to another cousin: Christina Gonzales M. in Citrus Heights, California. Her mother was Maria de Gloria Gonzales and she is willing to share stories and information. I quickly prepared my 'this is what I'm doing and what I hope to receive from you' letter and it will go out in tomorrow's mailing.
Today was a very good "SILVAN DAY". The sun is shining. Fall is in the air but not too cold yet. My Plumeria is still lounging on the deck as I count the days until the air turns too cold for it at night. It yearns for Hawaiian weather but I can only make it half happy.... here in Virgina.

No comments: