Back in the dark misty times...

Back in the dark misty times...
Genealogy, joyfully discovered ~

Saturday, October 1, 2011

Researching Spain

During a recent internet play time, I found a video at http://vimeo.com/12019191 that was made during the early 1930s about Vacaville, California and the agricultural workers, their fight for valid pay and the mighty bosses who fought against them. It was very interesting and at the end, I made a note of all the books the producer found his information --- also very interesting.
I ordered A HISTORY OF SPAIN by Harold Livermore because the Hispanic American Report stated the text was factual and compact, the style naturally lively and stimulating so that the reader cannot leave it until he reaches the end. Since it appears to be a one-volume history of Spain supposedly beautifully proportioned and unprejudiced, I will dive in to see if I can use any parts of it not already in my MANUELA'S PETALS' manuscript.
I also ordered two (2) other books the video producer mentioned and hope they arrive soon. The books are THE MASQUERADE OF SPAIN by Charles Foltz and THE HISTORY OF SPAIN FROM THE MUSELMANS TO FRANCO by Louis and Sir Charles Petrie Bertrand.
If the Winter is as cold as our Summer was hot, I should be able to get through all of them since I will undoubtedly be locked inside where I am lucky to be warm and cozy.

No comments: