Back in the dark misty times...

Back in the dark misty times...
Genealogy, joyfully discovered ~

Thursday, February 4, 2010

COOKING DRUNK is HOT!

I never imagined that my cookbook, COOKING DRUNK, would create such a stir (no pun intended) and I am delighted. This week, I have already sent out 7 cookbooks and the continued interest is overwhelming. I am pumped, especially since it is not only filled with recipes using wine (etc) but because my three (3) ethnic chapters have a little story attached. My Spanish segment has a picture of me (as a small child) and my Abuelita Manuela and one of her at age 18. Thanks to all of you who have given me such positive feedback. I love to share it and share it and share it. It was such an experience to write and so many people pushed me on its way so I just ordered another 25 books!

Another positive piece of news ~ I sent a letter to as many Spanish cousins as I could find on email and postal addresses and sent them an invitation to stay connected and join me for the ride of finding our ancestor's family history from Spain to Hawaii and California. What wonderful responses I have had and I am seriously researching my trip to Spain in the Fall with specifics AND have connected with a Spanish Ruiz cousin who speaks some halting English!

No comments: