Back in the dark misty times...

Back in the dark misty times...
Genealogy, joyfully discovered ~

Thursday, February 11, 2010

Hitting a brick wall but not defeated...

Over the past few months, I have diligently researched the internet (and one of my friends who is a ship architect) looking for a picture of one of the 5 ships my ancestors sailed on from Spain to Hawaii and later the 3 separate ships from Honolulu to San Francisco. Just when I think it's almost there, I am mugged at the pass. I found out the Orteric, my abuelita's ship from Spain, was used as a war ship during WWI and was sunk a few months later. So, there is not much information about it other than the wonderful historical synopsis of their trip in 1911. But, I have been stuck before and I will find it/them one day.

The snow is melting swiftly here in Virginia since we are on the cusp of the storm's southern tip. We have been promised more snow on the weekend but since we have postponed a trip to visit friends on the Chesapeake Bay twice already, I pulled out my boots, scarf, hat, big gloves and luggage. We are going (as of today) and J.D. worries. Actually, he worries enough for both of us, so no reason for me to worry, right?

I am feeling older but fulfilled today. My beautiful daughter is 34 years old today!!!

No comments: