Back in the dark misty times...

Back in the dark misty times...
Genealogy, joyfully discovered ~

Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Spanish Pearls 2013 projection

2013!  How on earth did the past year slip by?  This is a question I hear repeatedly and my answer is that it was filled with emotion and many tears after losing a dear loved one, my dad... but also filled with smiles, emotion of another sort and completing my dream of touching Spanish soil in my ongoing genealogical research for THE GIRL IMMIGRANT; a book about my grandmother's trek from Spain through the flowers of Hawaii and on to California.

The past two weeks have brought me documents from my genealogist friend: the marriage certificate of Juan Francisco Silvan Hernandez and Eustoquia Rita Trascasas Marzo and the birth certificate of Crescencia Silvan Hernandez.  I was also contacted through the ancestry site by a Trascasas descendant and hope to learn about our family in Toro through these cousins!

This year --- 2013 ---- will be the culmination of four year's research through interviews, Spanish documents, family stories and photographs.  The anticipation of finally moving abuelita's story to publication and the planning stages for a family reunion to blend and connect the families together will be fun and interesting.

My timeline is publication by May 1, 2013 and the family reunion is projected for August.  I am working on the date and will note on this blog and emails when to SAVE THE DATE.  The family reunion will include the Silvan family and the relatives stemming from the three siblings who braved the ocean trip to the Aloha islands in 1911:  Gonzales, Souza, Medeiros, Martin, Ruiz and of course, the direct Silvan descendants!

I hope to form committees for the family reunion no later than April 15 -- and encourage anyone who wants to get involved in this miraculous 'get - together' ~  Please Contact me by email at Contact Patricia Steele


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hola Patricia,
I'll be happy to help with anything for the Family Reunion that I can do long-distance: making phone calls, sending emails, setting up a Facebook page, etc.
Muchismas gracias prima,
Ramona

Anonymous said...

Ojala.....Muchisimas je je je