Back in the dark misty times...

Back in the dark misty times...
Genealogy, joyfully discovered ~

Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Family Reunion UPDATE

As a follow up to my January 6, 2013 email to family cousins (those I have email addresses for....) about the upcoming 5-Family Reunion, the date has been set for AUGUST 11th ~

I have had a wonderful response from many family members and I am thankful that many of you are passing on the information to those in your family I do not reach.  At this point, there are several venue options I am looking at --- within a radius of the Winters/Woodland, California area.

A lovely invitation was received from Julie E. telling me their Martin reunion (on the sort-of-Silvan side of the family) will be held at Meek Estate in Hayward on August 11th and she asked us to combine the reunion.  Oh!  I would love to take that invitation and run with it but I know logistically, it would be impossible since so many cousins and aunts and uncles would be arriving in Woodland from out of town and another two hour commute would be a hardship for too many.  But THANK YOU, JULIE!  We will be sorry you won't be able to join us on our day since it is also your day :)

Our cousin, Jeff C., has offered colored T-shirts for the reunion!  For example, all the Gonzales cousins would wear one color, the Silvan family another and the Ruiz family another, etc.  A grand idea and one that is so thoughtful --- What fun this will be!

Stay tuned for a venue.  This will be an exciting day even though August is HOT, we will make it all very COOL :)

No comments: