Back in the dark misty times...

Back in the dark misty times...
Genealogy, joyfully discovered ~

Saturday, January 19, 2013

Family Trees and Goose Brains



PHOTO: COLLAGE OF VICTORINO SILVAN HERNANDEZ FAMILY.  From left to right:  Theodora Silvan (Souza), Felisa (Alice) Silvan (Medeiros), Celestino Silvan.  His twin (Jacinto) died on the SS Orteric during the sea voyage from Spain to Hawaii.
The central colored photo is Victorino Silvan and Ramona Martin Lorenzo.  The family photos are scattered through the remaining part of the collage.

I think sometimes that I do not have the brains God gave geese!  I have so many family trees in my head that the adage, "one can't see the forest for the TREES" slapped me in the face yesterday. 

One of our Martin cousins (not the Ruiz Martins) kindly offered to combine their family reunion with ours at a beautiful mansion in the Bay Area.   I was touched by Julie E.'s thoughtfulness but knew we couldn't accept her offer because of the logistics; many of our family would be unable to go so far.  THEIR FAMILY REUNION IS SET FOR AUGUST 11th ---- the same date as the SILVAN reunion in Winters.

AND I totally spaced on the fact that our MEDEIROS cousin (Lynda) would be at her Martin reunion!!!  Julie and Lynda's mothers were sisters and that is a MARTIN link to our family.  I was so sick at heart when I realized it last night. 

Of course, I’d hoped to have BOTH of these cousins at the Silvan reunion and very sorry it conflicted with theirs.  I would have liked to attend their reunion also... just like last summer when I missed the Gonzales reunion!  However, trying to concentrate on lemonade instead of lemons, I plan to have a poster showing the Martin and Medeiros link at the reunion along with the others posters and Spanish Photo Journey Album.

So, goose brains better speed it up so I don't forget any other links!

No comments: