Back in the dark misty times...

Back in the dark misty times...
Genealogy, joyfully discovered ~

Friday, January 11, 2013

Cousins reaching us from Spain

I am happy to report a recent connection event!  Through my affiliation with www.ancestry.com a woman contacted me with a message:

Dear Madam,
We have just discovered that we have a common surname "Trascasas".  Our mother comes from Toro (Zamora) and we knew from the staff of the City Hall of Toro that somebody from the USA came some time ago asking for information about their ancestors.  We are wondering if it was you?  If it is the case, we would like to keep in touch to see whether we can find out some information about our common family.  Merry Christmas!  M and C C Trascasas (For privacy, I am not including their full names)

WHAT ARE THE ODDS of this lady finding me and YES, I was in the City Hall of Toro in September looking for Trascasas family!  I felt faint with hope and so happy she reached out to me!

I responded immediately with a 'family tree' full of names and she is checking with her mother and aunt in Toro.  She is a professor at the Madrid University and busy with her academic life... so she asked her friend --- at the main church in Zamora, called the Obispado.  She is hopeful her friend can find the birth and death documents of all the Trascasas relatives.

IN SUMMARY:  Juan Francisco Silvan Hernandez married Eustoquia "Rita" Trascasas Marzo.  Rita Trascasas' father was Manuel Trascasas from Toro.  Her mother was Manuela Marzo.  Since Manuel Trascasas was 58 when he married a young 24-year old Manuela Marzo, we know he was a widower at least once, possibly twice before they married.  My theory is the woman who contacted me is probably related through the Manuel Trascasas family/descendants before he married Manuela Marzo to father Rita Trascasas, our direct link to the Trascasas family.

Ah, the wonder of a personal meeting in a city hall so many miles away to generate correspondence such as this.  It overwhelms the mind and thrills the heart.  STAY tuned... when and if I have results from this Trascasas cousin, I will post it here.


 

No comments: