Back in the dark misty times...

Back in the dark misty times...
Genealogy, joyfully discovered ~

Saturday, January 26, 2013

Family Trees - Another resource!

Recently, I was contacted by a possible descendant of the Trascasas family who lives in Madrid.  She found me on www.mundia.com and there may be some documentation in the future as she researches from her contacts in Spain...  Since I wasn't sure what Mundia was after reading her note, I did a little research myself and see it is a FREE Family Tree site up to a point (of course they want you to upgrade for more advanced research) but the free site offers a multitude of capability.  It is well worth checking out.

I've been writing feverishly with the research already in my files to meet the goal I've set for myself to publish THE GIRL IMMIGRANT by the end of April, a story about Manuela's Petals, my grandmother's story.  Please check back now and again as I will post updates on the upcoming Silvan family reunion as well.

NOTE -- CLEARING UP THE "MARTIN" FAMILY CONFUSION
As an aside, I recently spoke with one of my Ruiz aunts about the August 11th  family reunion and she reminded me that the "Martin" family was not related to the Silvan family.  I explained that the Martin family I spoke of was indeed part of the Victorino and Ramona Martin Silvan line.

When I set up the reunion, I thought to make it easier by adding the MARTIN name only once even though there are two Martin families.  There are the Josephine Ruiz-Martins  as the Ramona Silvan-Martins (who weren't Silvans at all but shoe-string relations but a BIG part of grandma's story).  I thought just listing MARTIN once would relate to each of the Martin descendants and nobody would question it.

HOWEVER, as it turns out the Silvan-Martin family has their own family reunion on August 11th and won't be attending at all.  SO --- the MARTIN family who will be attending our Silvan reunion is related through Bernardo Ruiz -- they are his sister, Josephine Ruiz Martin's children and descendants.

A WONDERFUL CONNECTION and everyone is so glad they are joining us!

No comments: