Back in the dark misty times...

Back in the dark misty times...
Genealogy, joyfully discovered ~

Monday, August 20, 2012

The Francisco (Frank) Ruiz Family

I must remember while I traipse through the family tree that not everyone has yet learned what I've found over the rock-strewn pathway to where I am today.  A newly-found cousin, Jeri K., whose mother was a Ruiz, enjoyed seeing the complete family photo of the Ruiz clan that I emailed to her a few days ago.  She responded with questions falling over questions wondering who was who and gentle assumptions trying to guess...  As it happens, I was lucky enough to recognize each person in the photo thanks to my Aunt Rose Ruiz Gobert's book, Mama and Dad and their Fifteen Kids.

Forgetting that the information I continue to gather is not in everyone's hands whose family would enjoy knowing these things before my book is published, I have posted a photo of the Ruiz clan and listed each person in the photo for family to note and enjoy.  I belive this photo was taken in the fall of 1918 or early the next year in 1919.   I base my assumption on Connie's age (born July 1917) and my grandfather, Bernardo, standing alone without my grandmother.  They married in October 1919.

Back row (left to right):  Tony Rodriguez with daughter, Antoinette, in his arms.  Mary Ruiz Rodriguez, Miguel Ruiz, Bernardo Ruiz, Juan Ruiz, Diego (Dick) Ruiz, Josefa (Josephine) Ruiz Martin.
Front row (left to right):  Joe Rodriguez, Manuel (Rey) Ruiz, Maria (Mary) Rey Ruiz holding Encarnacion (Connie) Ruiz Vance, Dolores Ruiz Perez, Francisco (Frank) Ruiz and Antonio (Tony) Ruiz. 

No comments: