Back in the dark misty times...

Back in the dark misty times...
Genealogy, joyfully discovered ~

Thursday, August 23, 2012

An American Paella

Researching and tracking Spanish relatives recently brought me to an internet link describing a coffee table book titled, An American Paella by Gloria Lopez.  I contacted the author in Winters and she is delightful and was eager to share the book with me.  I ordered it immediately and today's mail brought this bundle of excitement along with a 2-pack CD that must be the live interviews!

This book explains how Spaniards helped Winters and how Winters helped Spanish immigrants.  I lived in Winters for a short time as a small child with my parents and my brother, Rick and barely remember jumping off my abuelita's lovely, long porch into her flower beds.  I can still hear her Spanish words clicking through my head like knitting needles as she chased me and my cousins out of her flowers!

The Gonzales, Ruiz, Martin and many shirt-tail cousins are listed in this book and it's prepared so beautifully, I heartily recommend it to others.  It is now sitting on my coffee table so I can thumb through it at my leisure...  For now, I am busy packing for my trip to Spain myself!

No comments: