Back in the dark misty times...

Back in the dark misty times...
Genealogy, joyfully discovered ~

Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Tooting my own horn....

I was 20 minutes early for my hair appointment and Starbucks was nearby, so I ordered a latte, settled in an overstuffed chair and pulled the Virginia Gazette open. Taking a deep breath to enjoy the peace and quiet, I proceeded to read it at my leisure, which is a rarity.

When I pulled out the "Limelight" section, my latte nearly curdled... There on the front page under GOT BOOKS? my new children's book cover jumped out at me among four other local authors in the Williamsburg area.

Goosebumps enveloped me, a silly grin on my face. As my new favorite author said, "a writer never forgets the sweet poison of vanity in his/her blood and the belief that, if I succeed in not letting anyone discover my lack of talent, the dream of literature will provide me with the most profound feeling of excitement: my name printed on a piece of paper" ....And a photo of the book's cover to boot? That moment, with my latte suspended mid-air was that moment.

I couldn't stop grinning as I read the blurb about Ricky, his dog, the balloons and where someone could get my book through www.patriciabbsteele.com and I grinned again. And I was alone! Not letting that dissuade me, I wanted to share my sublime enchantment of the moment, so I snapped a photo of the newspaper and text and sent the photo to those nearest to me... tooting my own horn.

Writing appears to be in my DNA and thrills through my veins. I can hardly wait to publish the story of the Silvan's journey from their village home in Fuentesauco, Spain to Hawaii and beyond. So much excitement waits!!!

No comments: