Back in the dark misty times...

Back in the dark misty times...
Genealogy, joyfully discovered ~

Monday, January 16, 2012

Another Silvan brother ~

Sitting in stun mode, I clarified and confirmed the translation several times and found another Silvan. The Spanish document I received from the diocese in Zamora, Spain for Geronimo Silvan Hernandez lists his parents, paternal grandparents and maternal grandparents. I was delighted because I learned Grandpa Celestino's name was more than Celestino Silvan. It was Celestino Silvan Martin. And Grandma Agustina Hernandez now had her mother's name as well: Alejo.
In my excitement to learn the next generation, I nearly skipped the godparent's name at the bottom until I had a chance to study it two days ago.

It very clearly states that Geronimo's godfather was his natural brother, a married man named Felipe Silvan Hernandez. I nearly fainted when I read it. I did not want to jump to erroneous conclusions so I sent the info to Steven, my Spanish speaking brother, and he agreed with me. FELIPE Silvan Hernandez was listed as the biological brother to Geronimo and he was married. So, that was a shocker! That means he must have been at least 18+ years older than Geronimo, who was born in 1877. Victorino was born in 1868, who I thought was the oldest but now we have another brother to find!!! So Felipe was about 11 years older than who I thought was the oldest. Can I assume there might be more siblings in between???

Today, I hired the diocese in Zamora again.....to research this for me. Maybe the reason he could not find Celestino Silvan before is because I 'assumed' he was born about 1845 or soand if Felipe was born about 1858 - 1860, then Celestino Silvan, their father, may have been born as early as 1838.. STAY TUNED.

No comments: