Back in the dark misty times...

Back in the dark misty times...
Genealogy, joyfully discovered ~

Thursday, January 26, 2012

Impatience in Genealogy

They say patience is an acquired habit and I've also heard that if you do something seven times in a row it creates a habit. Well, I am trying to be patient while I wait for the Diocese in Zamora to eke out the baptismal and/or birth documents for my NEW Great Aunt Agapita and our NEW Great Uncles, Felipe, Domingo Pedro and Matias and I have checked my email for seven days. Does that count, I wonder? (smiling here and still anxiously waiting for Jose Carlos de Lera Maillo's response.)

As I sit in my 'patient status' I have gathered and organized all the notes I have stashed over the past two years into some semblance of order. To that end, I have begun the interesting and enjoyable task of creating dossiers, or what I am calling BIOGRAPHRIES. I have begun with the original siblings as we know them (Victorino, Juan Francisco, Cristencia, Geronimo and Agustin). I will add the other four siblings WHEN I receive their information. From there, I am building the biographies for each of their children and meeting so many of this generation as I go along and exultant with the sharing of information they have given to me for this fantastic project.

So far, I have Victorino and Ramona Silvan's family fleshed out (so to speak). There are a few holes I am waiting for their descendants to fill. I know they are not as obsessed with this as I am so that is where patience comes in again. I am thrilled with everyone's anxious wish for my book titled Silvan Leaves to be published and thank everyone who has been part of this endeavor.

No comments: