Back in the dark misty times...

Back in the dark misty times...
Genealogy, joyfully discovered ~

Tuesday, August 18, 2015

SUGAR BOAT BOOK


THE MOUNTAIN VIEW 'SUGAR BOAT' SPANISH FAMILY OF JUAN LAREZ LOPEZ
by Ann Yards Cozzolino

This book was in the Library of Congress.  I was given approval to copy the pages to share with others as long as I listed the author's name. It summarizes the Spaniard's immigration and focuses on specific Spanish families in the Mountain View, CA area once they left Spain and Hawaii to emigrate to California.  I tried to find the descendants of this family in 2007 when I first began my genealogy research, but did not find anyone whose name was listed on this book.  Hopefully, with the wonderful global reach through the Hawaiian Spaniards Facebook site, maybe there are still family members for the LAREZ LOPEZ family or someone linked to Ann Yards Cozzolino.  I hope so!

At the time I began my research to publish THE GIRL IMMIGRANT, I was stunned when I could not find any books or immigration stories about the Spaniard immigration migration from Spain to Hawaii.  This was the only book in the Library of Congress in 2007.  I am honored that the Library of Congress has my book, The Girl Immigrant, on its shelves and I hope several other books are keeping mine company to help other descendants know their story.

For the photos of the full book, please click the link below.  Keep in mind that these pages were taken with my cell phone in 2007, so they are certainly not good quality, but they tell Juan Larez Lopez' family story.

Sugar Boat Book


No comments: