Back in the dark misty times...

Back in the dark misty times...
Genealogy, joyfully discovered ~

Monday, August 17, 2015

SPANISH VILLAGE ANCESTRAL PHOTO PAGE


This week, I had the opportunity to submit THE GIRL IMMIGRANT book for translation into Spanish.  During the submission process, I was asked to complete the form that asked me to include the book's Facebook site.  Since I did not have a specific site for this book, I created one immediately, completed all the forms and took a deep breath.

Now, I had a Facebook page for The Girl Immigrant, but I wasn't sure what to do with it...
After thinking of the connections I have made in the Spanish community, it dawned on me that many of the followers of the Hawaiian Spaniard Facebook site liked photos of the villages in Spain where their ancestors lived before they immigrated from Spain to the United States either via Hawaii or other parts of the country.  That's when I had an Ah-Ha moment.  

Three years ago, I was in northern Spain researching my Silvan family ancestors and then I traveled across the southern portion of Spain near Malaga, visiting long-lost cousins and researching my Ruiz family line.  And I snapped nearly 200 photos.  That was just with my camera.  My phone had already been overloaded to the brim.

I now have a wonderful tool in this Facebook site to share with Spanish descendants like me and hope others will post photographs of their own family ancestral villages.

PLEASE CONNECT ~ PLEASE "LIKE" ~ AND PLEASE "SHARE" the Facebook site so others can enjoy looking at beautiful, quaint and sometimes not-so-perfect villages the Spaniards left behind.  You can find the site on Facebook here = listed as TheSpanishGirlImmigrant
https://www.facebook.com/TheSpanishGirlImmigrant

No comments: