Back in the dark misty times...

Back in the dark misty times...
Genealogy, joyfully discovered ~

Thursday, November 29, 2012

A Málaga Connection

This is a study in ancient Spanish soldiers and spiritual impressions.  The group is in a large alcove near the back of the church in the great cathedral of Málaga, Spain in the Costa del Sol.  While in Spain, my brother, Steven, marched me to the scene because he was stunned to see the remarkable resemblance between this soldier in the close-up photo and his own face.  The Spanish connection appears strong, even though we are but half Spanish, he felt the pull this statue invoked so I wanted to honor his feelings on a posting all its own.
For without Steven and his Spanish-speaking ability for translation and discussion and his friendships with the Spanish families in the southern part of Spain, my journey would never have been the experience I will always remember with smiles and gratitude.

No comments: