Back in the dark misty times...

Back in the dark misty times...
Genealogy, joyfully discovered ~

Sunday, September 19, 2010

Reaching out to more family

Happy Sunday out there! The e-mails are already flying among cousins I have never met before (except Vicki) and now I am (im)patiently waiting for replies to all the family history forms I have sent with return envelopes. Maybe this week, my mail box will be overflowing? Yes, please!

Strangers among the new family members are ever so helpful too. I've received copies of documents from other Spanish families that continue to help me flesh in the time, the people, the places and all the spots in between. Thank you all!

I just finished working on page 164 and now the family is nearly ready to work their way to Honolulu and get on the SS Herman Governor for their last leg in the dream of America. What a time that must have been for them.

Fighting allergies, so will keep this short. Thanks for listening and hope you enjoy the 'trip' through the pages of Manuela's Petals and my continual quest for family history!
Smiles from Virginia....

No comments: