Back in the dark misty times...

Back in the dark misty times...
Genealogy, joyfully discovered ~

Monday, September 20, 2010

Losing Aunt Mary Louise Silvan

I 'met' Aunt Mary Silvan over the phone less than six weeks ago. She and I had such a sweet conversation about her life and marriage with Uncle Celestino, my grandmother's baby brother. She was making plans for a new adventure, packing boxes and moving to Long Beach, CA with her daughter (Kathy) and she was excited about the family history I was gathering. I can still hear her laughter as she told me the trick she played on Uncle Cel all those years ago..... She planned to send me documents and pictures for my book once she got settled. But it was not to be. Recently, her daughter (Lucinda) told me she had a heart attack and was in the hospital. Before my Get Well card was in the mail box, this morning I another cousin (Linda) emailed me notice that Aunt Mary died a few days in the hospital. I am so filled with sadness that my fingers are just moving, typing and as I keep sighing loudly with the loss of this lovely old lady, my heart aches. She was 83 years young.

With these recent memories of meeting her for the first and last time, I plan to devote a very special page in Silvan's Leaves just for her. Hopefully, once the terrible sadness eases for her family, I will still get copies of the documents and pictures she planned to gather for me. For now, we are grieving and the emptiness that follows a loss like this has zapped us silly.

Sad today,
PS

1 comment:

Dr Purva Pius said...

My name is.Mrs.Anna Daniel. I live in Ukraine i am a happy woman today? i need to use this time to tell all people how i got my loan from this honest and God fearing man loan lender that help me with a loan of $84,000 please contact him. if you also need a loan without any problem he name is Dr Purva Pius email {urgentloan22@gmail.com} tell him that is Mrs.Anna Daniel that refer you to he contact Email {PurvaPius22@gmail.com}