Back in the dark misty times...

Back in the dark misty times...
Genealogy, joyfully discovered ~

Tuesday, November 10, 2015

WHISK ME TO SPAIN

I am one day closer to launching my newest venture at www.spanishpearlsgenealogy.com  As of today, it is a temporary Home Page and Contact Page.  Within the week - poof ~ it will be live.
Yesterday, an idea popped into my head to include a tab called "WHISK ME TO SPAIN."


Before I was privileged to visit Spain in 2012 in order to finish writing my grandmother's immigration story in the historical fiction, The Girl Immigrant, one of the most interesting pieces of my research revolved around finding my ancestor's villages.  I'd heard towns mentioned by many family members but "seeing" them for myself seemed like the quintessential bonus to my research.  I had hundreds of questions.  If I'd been able to find a website that included photos of some of their villages, it would have adding icing to my already-baking cake.

So, this new page in this new website will include a glimpse of villages through a Facebook site created for exactly that purpose.  I encourage other descendants of Spanish heritage to post photos of their villages, their family gatherings or anything Spanish you feel others would enjoy.  It could become a wealth of information.

There are two Facebook sites that I find pretty amazing, miraculous and informative.  Each of these Facebook sites were designed and created for Spanish descendants and each stand alone in their quest to add that special layer of need to all of us.  Please have a visit there too.

Spanish Immigrants in the United States: https://www.facebook.com/tracesofspainintheus/?fref=ts



 


No comments: