Back in the dark misty times...

Back in the dark misty times...
Genealogy, joyfully discovered ~

Sunday, July 29, 2012

Building our Spanish family

Today I added Bobbie F. and John G. to my family with the promise of two additional contacts who are closely related to them. (Anna and Kristy).   The Gonzales family is large and complex but I can safely say I am working my way through their family tree with the hope of filling in all those branches!  And by now, my secret agents (you know who you are) may have answers beyond anything we'd expected from a corner of the family who may have interesting answers ~

Today Bobbie and I kept tripping over ourselves in our haste to fill the other in on the family history that we know, asking questions about the family history we didn't and sharing the fun of realizing she actually remembers my great grandfather (Tio Juan) and great grandfather (Tia Rita) from her childhood.  How wonderful to connect, share, discuss and expect more adventures as we learn from each other.

In the midst of the fun of discovery, I received an email stating my Spain trip itinerary had changed over the Paris (layover) leg of our journey in September.  At first, I took it in my stride, knowing I would just follow their changes and we would adapt.  Then I noticed the dates were incorrect and they have us flying from NYC the day we should be flying from Malaga!  Surely, this is just a tiny quirk and will soon be ironed out.  I want to only worry about taking sufficient notes, an extra camera battery, enough clothes and finding WiFi for my daily travel blog.  I do not want to worry about getting lost in the labyrinths of airline ticket limbo.   I mean if I get stuck in Paris for a week is one thing.  Getting stuck on a plane going in the wrong direction is quite another!

No comments: