Back in the dark misty times...

Back in the dark misty times...
Genealogy, joyfully discovered ~

Sunday, February 12, 2012

SILVAN LEAVES IS TAKING SHAPE ~


Over the past few days, I have managed to get my documents, photographs, emails and notes gathered and organized; created a Table of Contents, Preface, Acknowledgements, and crafted the beginning of my book for the Silvan family, titled SILVAN LEAVES.
So many relatives have helped me! I can't begin to thank everyone as I get to know their family and connect them with my own. As of today, I have completed and inserted the biographies for The Immigrant Silvan Siblings who emigrated to Hawaii from Spain and on to America. This includes, ofcourse - Victorino Luciano Silvan Hernandez (10 pages), Juan Francisco Silvan Hernandez (16 pages*) and Cristencia Silvan Hernandez Gonzales (18 pages). Each dossier includes photos and documents relating to their lives and memories from some of their descendants who have eagerly shared them with me.
*I am still building Juan Silvan's, my own great grandfather's biography/dossier and expect the pages to grow beyond 20 easily.
A peek inside will include:
Chapter 1 - The Spanish SILVAN ancestors -- The foundation family at a glance / Fuentesauco and surrounding villages from whence they came.
Chapter 2 - The Spanish Silvans Who Remained in Spain
Chapter 3 - The Immigrant Silvans Who Emigrated to Hawaii and on to America (as described above).
Chapter 4 - The Immigrant-Silvan Descendants
Chapter 5 - The Silvan Family in America (with an index for specific family member pages
I've reached out to four (4) cousins who have agreed to help me reach further to others whom I am having difficulty receiving responses from. Thank you so much, Vicki, Alicia, Cheryl and Julie. By the end of this week, I should have Chapter 3 finished feel accomplished enough to stretch myself into Chapter 4.

No comments: