Back in the dark misty times...

Back in the dark misty times...
Genealogy, joyfully discovered ~

Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Old family photographs and more questions ~

AH, FRESH FISH FOR DINNER.....
Files cover my desk. When my cell phone rang, I couldn't find it but it kept on ringing... Pushing everything aside, I started laughing and then couldn't talk when I opened the phone. This family history quest makes me laugh and sometimes cry so one never knows what they'll find when they contact me.
I laugh when I receive an email from a cousin I didn't know I had before 2009. I cry when I think of all the unanswered questions I have since then. But slow but surely, I am finding answers and with them, lovely, poignant, sweet and wonderful photographs that open a window into the past. The children I see in many of the photos? I know this generation will write the next chapter of our American Silvan story. So, I don't want to pause. I don't want to worry. I know to truly comprehend tomorrow, we must first comprehend yesterday.
So, I am off and running. Gathering all the information from each family "informant" for each of their ancestors and funneling it into specific biographies. Yesterday, I found a photo of my great Uncle Gus (Agustin Silvan) holding two huge fish or was the little lady with the white hair in front of him holding the fish? I didn't recognize the little old lady but smiled at uncle Gus. He LOVED to fish. After contacting Linda H. I sat amazed. The little old lady was my own grandmother, Abuelita Manuela Silvan Ruiz! Ah, what a special photograph. Loved it.

1 comment:

Anna said...

Hello All. My name is Anna Manley (Gonzales). My grandparents are Eusebio and Cristencia. My father is Alejandro. I was 9 when my father passed away and unfortunately disconnected with his side of the family. Just recently I was at work and typed Eusebio's name into google search and found this blog. I admit I should have been working but could not stop reading. I had no idea that I have so many family members or how amazing their stories are...I am very blessed.