Back in the dark misty times...

Back in the dark misty times...
Genealogy, joyfully discovered ~

Monday, December 12, 2011

SILVAN Christmas blessings

Oh, what an added bonus it is to receive Christmas greetings from those in our family whom I have not met anywhere except via the internet or a quick meeting where we bonded and connected as family. I was warmed by a recent note from cousin, JULIE -- the great grandaughter of Alejandro Gonzales who said "You are the nicest person I've never met!!" It still makes me smile and hope someday I can meet these wonderful family members....... SO..

It is my hope to organize a SILVAN FAMILY REUNION when my book is available -- maybe by September 2012. The venue would probably be either Woodland or Winters, California -- where it pretty much began as our ancestors struggled and succeeded in America and their families multiplied. Stay tuned....

For now, I am involved in the marketing of my new children's book, GOODBYE BALLOON, and this week will be a busy one. It was such a delight to read my little story to a classroom of 2nd graders at the school my husband attended... They drew the artwork are displayed in the brightly colored pages of my book. I am thrilled with the response to this little book and love sharing it with so many.

With the children's book eating up my time in December, I will probably not be posting here for the next couple of weeks. Getting through a notable birthday, Christmas and the fun that this magical months brings, I will just enjoy the month and pray my dad continues to improve..
Feliz Navidad a ustedes.ou are the nicest person I've never met!!m

No comments: