Back in the dark misty times...

Back in the dark misty times...
Genealogy, joyfully discovered ~

Thursday, December 1, 2011

The event in the 1930s?

Thinking about Felicidada again. My last posting mentioned my thoughts about WHEN and WHY the conversation between Aunt Christina and Uncle Eusebio Gonzales all those years ago when they vocalized their worry about Felicidada's welfare. Believing she was worried because Felicida's parents may have died would have definitely been a cataclysmal event. However, upon further thought... I remembered that Geronimo and Joaquina Silvan were in Cuba (possibly along wish his brother, Agustin at the same time) because each brother left Cuba for Spain from Cuba; Geronimo and his wife, Joaquina, in 1930 and Agustin in 1931. Each ship left in June of those consecutive years.

Since we are pretty sure Joaquina was the mother to Felicidada, making her the step daughter to Geronimo Silvan --- this could have been the life-changing event = not death, but her parent's temporary emigration for Cuba.

I have so many notes, so many clues from so many documents and family stories that I am most anxious to gather, organize and put them in order. The clues keep coming and my mind just will not stop whirling; grabbing one thought and adding another on top of it just keeps my investigative juices flowing.

That 1930 ship manifest clue is a major one and I wonder if my research trip to Spain next June will answer this question. Were my aunt and uncle worried because she was left alone temporarily while they worked in Cuba's cane fields or was it because they died and left her alone? I can't imagine how to get the answers but I've put it on my list. My brother, Steven, and I have also set a tentative date in June for our flights to Madrid.

No comments: