Back in the dark misty times...

Back in the dark misty times...
Genealogy, joyfully discovered ~

Friday, July 2, 2010

Still on the road but heading HOME

So many miles behind us (4800) and we are still in Oregon. J.D. is studying the maps and we will be heading east after my long-awaited visit with my son in Baker City tomorrow. We have seen so many wonderful people and received and given special hugs and felt the love around us. What fun it is to connect. Leaving Audrie, Ben and baby Hillary in San Diego and then leaving Mom in Portland left me in tears but I will be back i told myself over and over like a litany!

My new cousin in San Jose gave me a fabulous 3" thick genealogy book full of repository search sites and I'm ready to get back to my genealogy quest. Maybe the mail box will be full of responses from my requests for information before we left on June 4... hopeful for that!

My SPAIN trip is postponed until June 2011 as my Spanish-speaking brother, Steven, assures me changing to June will prepare him for our trip. In the interim, we will find out exactly where to go and make serious plans. Also, he says I need to study Spanish with the Rosetta Stone teaching CDs so will begin that soon...

AND then there is Kauai, the island with so many questions waiting to be answered. That must be put on my agenda as well but unsure when... keep tuned in for that one.

The sites and panoramas we have encountered on our road trip are amazing. My digital camera's SD card filled up with over 500 pictures and I have them cradled close for printing when I get home. My Oregon grandchildren (Dylan, Frankie Christina and little Kadence) are well and I had excellent visits with my three brothers. Last night we spent in Bend, with my son in law's parents and it was a laughing good time as we all agreed we were the HILLARY ADMIRATION SOCIETY, our shared 11 mo. old granddaughter Ah, grandparenthood. The life.

Oh, the reason why I haven't kept this blog up better is because I forgot my password!! Until next time, we are one the road again and heading HOME.

No comments: