Back in the dark misty times...

Back in the dark misty times...
Genealogy, joyfully discovered ~

Saturday, July 17, 2010

Kissing Virginia's soil

Home again! My lips were sore from kissing the ground when we drove in our driveway. Five weeks is so long.....

Life slapped us the minute we landed. Our 7-year old washer decided it was tired of spinning and our pile of dirty road-weary clothes, after driving 7,670 miles across America, sat and waited. Shaking my head, I decided it was time to either repair the washer (J.D. nixed the idea) or buy a new one (I wanted a front loader). He wanted a new 'set' even though the dryer worked fine. So, after a lot of internet research and two trips to Lowes and Home Depot, I found a brand I've never heard of before: LG. I'm excited because it's a front loader that opens on top. I know. I know. I am very strange but it is quite amazing. We will donate the dryer but the washer must be hauled away because Virginia gives a $75 rebate to do that. So, JD has been re-wiring sections of the pantry to put in a solenoid switch for each appliance (I don't even ask him anymore why .....) and the new set will be here Friday. Oh, and those sad (dirty) clothes? We had a back-up washer and dryer over at the shed. Yes, I'm a spoiled girl.

On the genealogy front, life keeps getting better. After meeting and continuing to work with a newly-found cousin, Vicki -- in San Jose, we are still trying to find bits and pieces of Victorino Silvan's family. Also, another cousin (Linda) who lives in Colorado and I will work on the Silvan side through her mother-in-law's memories (Great Aunt Juanita whom I called Aunt Jenny).

And I smile when I think of it === both cousins bought my COOKING DRUNK cookbook. Good times. Lovely things happen in the most remarkable places.

My youngest granddaughter will turn ONE on August 1st. We had a wonderful time visiting with her and my other three grandchildren in Oregon. They are each so very special. But oh!!! It is so good to be home once again.
MY SPAIN 'WALK-IN-HER-SHOES' TRIP IS POSTPONED TO JUNE 2011.... more time to learn Spanish and I am anxious to TRABAJAR!

No comments: