Back in the dark misty times...

Back in the dark misty times...
Genealogy, joyfully discovered ~

Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Lemons vs. Lemonade

All of you recognize that phrase, 'if life tosses you lemons, just make lemonade,' and you've probably grimaced like I've done so many times after hearing it. This week was my week for lemonade..... After the agonizingly, painful process of editing (and reading it over 100 times!) and laughing with glee when my cookbook was finally finished, sent to the publisher and several books ordered.... my mother (thank you!) pointed out that I'd left out the Triple Sec in her "Qween of the Margaritas" recipe. Good God. I'd already found I'd left out the hamburger from the Juicy Lasagna and revised, re-published and ordered 10 more books..... Now, the lemons were TART and the lemonade hard to find... But what a travesty! How could I possibly leave the Margarita recipe without Triple Sec (Thanks to you too, Launie). So, it is FIXED and those of you who have already ordered and/or received my COOKING DRUNK cookbook, the book of twenty-years and a million proof-readings.... Please add 1 1/2# HB to your Lasagna on page 139 and add 1 oz. of Triple Sec to your Margaritas on page 158. Whew! There, I feel better and that lemonade doesn't taste quite so bad now; full of rind but not as bitter as I'd thought it would be.

Writing is supposed to be fun! And now I am realizing that it is difficult to read the newspaper, Oprah's Magazine, Birds and Blooms, or a good book without crashing to a stop and thinking, "Oh, that word.... I must write it down and use it on something I'm writing....." and then I lose traction before getting back to my reading. Is this what being an author is about, I wonder? Yes, possibly and perhaps that is the way so many other authors exist..... never quite enjoying the book or always getting the gist of a story without grabbing their infernal notebook that always sits beside them?

Sigh. Life is good. 8 more days before semi-retirement. 2 more Mondays. 204 hours... but who is actually counting? Enjoy the rest of your day and leave me a comment here and there. I love hearing from you.
xox
PS

No comments: