Back in the dark misty times...

Back in the dark misty times...
Genealogy, joyfully discovered ~

Sunday, January 10, 2010

Cold in Charles City

I hesitate to say 'cold' when I am still seeing reports of deep snow drifts, cars sliding onto the side of the road with the fears of not getting them out until the spring thaw, but it is still keeping me inside all cozied up with hot chocolate. Launie suggested a little Kahlua and it made it much nicer...

J.D. is comfy on his La-Z-Boy in the slouch position enjoying the football game and I have been working in my office most of the day making labels and tossing files in preparation for retirement at the end of the month. Semi-retirement, let me correct myself.... but I am counting Mondays (3) left until January 28th and then I will very semi retired and concentrate on Medicare issues alone. I love working with the senior community and think it's because I am nearly one of them. LOL

My writing is truly getting on a roll as I am beginning to finish projects I have worked on for a number of years. COOKING DRUNK is finished, published and the end of a 20-year project. A ROUNDABOUT PASSAGE TO VENICE is finished (last night!), published and polished. I have my mother to thank since the first edition was too hard to read. This one is perfect so that worked out very well!

I have all my file drawers figured out and a full WRITING FILE DRAWER. Now I can SEE all my unfinished manuscripts..... and I'm ready to roll.... once i get sort of retired.
Until next time....
PS

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice to see you again!

Unknown said...

Now- Just ONE more Monday!!!
Hooray~
xo