Back in the dark misty times...

Back in the dark misty times...
Genealogy, joyfully discovered ~

Sunday, April 22, 2012

Spain is calling in my dreams

How many times are we kept awake in the night with random thoughts that just will NOT go away? Last night, I was in Spain poking around the cemetery in Fuentesauco. I was lifting vines, moving weeds and gripping my camera with the hope of finding those gravestones I have dreamed of. The gravestones were in disarray, they were rained smooth so I had my magnifying glass close to the etchings, trying to read the letters. (a magnifying glass!?) I must add that to my list to take with me on my trip ~

This morning, when I tapped on my email, I found a note from a long lost friend in Williamsburg when I was active with the master gardening group. She began, "Hello from Spain." Wow -- what a coincidence! The body of her email really made me laugh though. A friend of ours in Williamsburg saw my advertisement in the Virginia Gazette asking if anyone had moving boxes I could pick up before they took them to the dump.... and that friend emailed this friend all the way to Spain to alert her changes were in the air (she recognized my email from paper). Ha -- what a very small world it is.

With SPAIN beating into my brain and heart first thing this morning after tossing through the cemetery in Fuentesauco all night, I am in Spain mode without a doubt. So, another cup of cafe con leche and I can begin another active day to fulful the long lists I have prepared --- YES, we are moving from Virginia to Arizona~ I will send new contact information but the move isn't until mid-June so we have time...

In the meantime, on the genealogy doorstep, I found the captain's name of the SS ORTERIC ship and have slipped it into my story about abuelita in MANUELA'S PETALS as he would assuredly have been in charge of the burials at sea and little ones in our family were part of that sadness.
For now, my lists await and so do those burial stones so far away! Calling me....

No comments: