Back in the dark misty times...

Back in the dark misty times...
Genealogy, joyfully discovered ~

Sunday, March 11, 2012

Moving through the Gonzales family ~

I feel as if I have been sitting on Great Aunt Christina Gonzales's verandah this past week as I have "met" children through their children and siblings. I spoke with Auntie Vic in Hawaii a few days ago and yesterday I received a packet of photographs from her sister, Theresa along with a completed interview questionnaire. More information! Since I am in the throes of biography creativity, I was quite happy to have more information to fill in those blanks!

And then, I heard from cousins, Felix, Alicia, Julie and Judy. I am overwhelmed with the lovely welcome I continue to receive from my long-lost and newly-found families across the country. Thank you all!

I feel as if I can visualize Aunt Sally, Aunt Marie and still hope to better meet Aunt Tina. For now, I am satisfied that another week's research has come to fruition and then there are the pieces of information I received that generated more questions!

Red had another child named Clara Dean. I found her birth certificate.
Her mother, Lena, was an enigma and I believe I found her --- Adeline "Lena" Faria Fernandez. The reason I want to find Lena is because I would like to find little Clara that none of the Gonzales family saw after she left the family farm so many years ago!

And now, there are others who have eagerly connected with me who aren't related at all. Steve A. has shared documents, newspaper articles, Spanish recipes and his burning desire to connect with his Spanish heritage as I do. Thank you so much, Steve!

Another week of adventure ahead and by the end of this month, the 1940 Census lists will be available!

No comments: