Back in the dark misty times...

Back in the dark misty times...
Genealogy, joyfully discovered ~

Wednesday, March 21, 2012

MORE Silvan Siblings ~ Baptismal Documents!

Several minutes of serious study, a little confusion and I'm off and running. Today, the packet arrived and I will list the siblings in order and then add the questions at the bottom...
1. Agapita born 18 September 1864 (godfather: Agapito Lamera)
*Witness to Agapita's baptism: Juan Santos Zambrano and Juan Alvarez)
2. Matias born 18 September 1867 (godfather: paternal abuelo: Angel Silvan)
3. Victorino Luciano born 21 July 1868 (godfather: Luciano Prieto)
4. Edmundo born 20 November 1870 (godparents: Brother: Felipe & wife, Lorenza Lorenzo)
*Witness to Edmundo's baptism: Tomas Alonso and Cipriano Lorenzo (cousin??)
5. Angel born 5 October 1873 (godfather: Pablo Torrecilla)
6. Juan F. born 10 June 1875 (I have birth record, not baptismal record)
7. Geronimo 4 October 1877 (godfather: Brother: Felipe Silvan)
8. Lorenzo born 8 September 1880 (godmother: Teresa lema Baquero)
9. Cristencia born 15 June 1884 (I have copy of translated birth record only)
10. Agustin born in 1887 (no document except ship manifest listing age)
QUESTIONS:
1. The Diocese of Zamora told me there was a son named DOMINGO PEDRO. No baptismal record received. I asked my genealogist to look for it.
2. Two baptismal documents indicate FELIPE was a natural brother and a Silvan Hernandez. No baptismal record received. I asked my genealogist to look for it.
3. Listing 10 siblings above, where do Domingo and Felipe fit in? Based on the dates of birth, there is a space between a few siblings. Maybe Felipe was the first born?
This is far too exciting to linger over questions. I will be anxious for a response about these two missing/lost/question/siblings... Stay tuned.

No comments: