Back in the dark misty times...

Back in the dark misty times...
Genealogy, joyfully discovered ~

Saturday, February 12, 2011

My LIAISON in California ~ Genealogy Rocks~

Today, I am trying to curb wild anticipation as the adventure of the hunt bubbles out of me all over again. One of my new-found cousins (John) and his wife (Linda) live in Colorado. Happily driving away from 12 inches of snow and 17 degrees below zero weather - COLD, they arrived in California where Linda tells me she was stunned to see people mowing lawns! She was digging around, hoping she put a short-sleeve T-shirt in her luggage..... when she called me last night.....It was 72 degrees ABOVE zero in California. She has been an avid hunter with me to help me round up ancestors,; they both shared family stories, pictures and a family connection.

Now, in California, she's offered to be a liaison between our many relatives to gather more stories, snap pictures of pictures or scan and print pictures while trying to keep names of people with their respective parents and the grandchildren in between. She is amazing and my heart whispers a mantra, 'thank you thank you thank you thank you....' amidst our conversations and her excitement runs in tandem with my own.

The lovely new people we find when on a quest to dig back into our family history never ceases to amaze me and their hopeful wish to fill in all our blanks makes me SMILE. You rock, Linda!

No comments: