Back in the dark misty times...

Back in the dark misty times...
Genealogy, joyfully discovered ~

Monday, July 25, 2011

Meeting Victorina Gonzales Weber in Hawaii

OUR FAMILY MEETS MY FAMILY
What a wonderful feeling to imagine my son, Frank, and his girlfriend, Reimi, sitting in "Auntie Victoria's" living room in Aiea, Hawaii where she lives with her daughter, Sally and her family. It was an exciting phone call during their visit and afterward, I received a picture text message....showing this lovely lady with my family.
Another exciting aspect was my conversation with Victoria during their visit --- I'd sent her a copy of the family photograph of her Godfather, our Uncle Victorino Silvan. The photograph included him, his wife, Ramona, and their children, Theodora, Felisa and Celestino. For many months, I have wondered who the 2 men in the bottom corners of that photograph could be? YES! She told me she'd seen these men often during her youth. The bad news was she couldn't remember who they were but since we know they were not SILVAN men, I am assuming they were MARTIN men...related to our Aunt Ramona Martin Lorenzo Silvan.
With that in mind, I have written emails to two cousins who are Martin descendants from that family and I am hopeful the mystery will soon be solved!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mystery Men.....always an intriguing topic. Glad to hear that your son, Frank, was able to meet your relatives and find some of the answers you were looking for. Maybe after your trip to Spain, you'll trade the Hola to Aloha and travel to Hawaii. Ramona

Ramona said...

I'm anything but anonymous lolol.
Love, your cousin, Ramona.