Back in the dark misty times...

Back in the dark misty times...
Genealogy, joyfully discovered ~

Sunday, May 8, 2011

Mother's Day for all the mothers in my family line

Today, on Mother's Day I smiled and counted all the mothers who came before me and mine. I thanked them silently for making me who I am today. Today, my mother posted a note on Facebook with a smiling picture of herself and her mother taken years ago. I thought about how much she missed her mother and could no longer tell her the little words that make our mother-hearts fill with pleasure. HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY.

With that in mind, counted backwards in each family line...all the mothers before me (that have been found...so far.)

SILVAN "mothers" - Manuela Silvan Trascasas (Ruiz), Eustoquia Rita Marzo Trascasas; Agustina Hernandez and Manuela Garcia Marzo.

RUIZ "mothers" - Rosa Ruiz Romero was my paternal great grandmother and Maria Rey was my paternal step-great grandmother, the woman who raised my grandfather.

CHUBB "mothers" - Ella Myrtle Chubb, Hattie Ann Bridge, Eliza Mianda Warren, Mary Ann Howe, Eliza Laycock, Pamelia Pattison, Relief Frisbie, Fannie Cook, Elizabeth Hatch, Phebe Ann Baker, Pamelia Knapp

HUBBARD "mothers" - Neyda Mae Hubbard (my mother), Delinda Ophelia Greene, Elizabeth Wood, Bethia Snow, Lucy Boltwood, Submit Graves, Christian Gunn, Anna Warner, Mary Meriam, Mary Bishop, Margaret Dewey, Helena Winsofar.

Then, me --- mother of three and my daughter, Audrie, is mother of one.
And the mothers of my grandchildren! The never-ending story! No wonder there's a day for mothers. I am delighted my brothers spent quality time with our mother today --- so much so that she's decided she'd like to decree that Mother's Day falls TWICE IN THE YEAR!

So, it is my pleasure to send UP the best Mother's Day wishes to those mothers I've listed and all the mothers I am yet to FIND in my genealogical quest... But not to forget my aunties, Audrie, Dorothy, Flora, Rose all laid to rest and those living still ~ Mary, Millie, Rita, Antoinette, Josephine and Carnie. Where would I be without all of you???

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi, well....it looks like you have found another long lost cousin. My name is Sally Victoria George and I am the Grandaughter of Cristencia Silvan Hernandez Gonzales. My Mother, Victoria Gonzales Weber, Cristencia's daughter, is 93 years young and lives with me in Hawaii. She was born in Kilauea, Kauai. She was on the ship with the family when they sailed to California.
I printed your blog for Mom to read on Mothers Day and it brought
tears and joy to her to say the least.