Back in the dark misty times...

Back in the dark misty times...
Genealogy, joyfully discovered ~

Saturday, January 22, 2011

Genealogical Research ~ Keeping Track

Despite folders in chronological order, keeping MS OneNote updated and all research emails in appropriate folders, it is still very easy to miss information or forget I received it in the first place. I keep tapping myself on the shoulder to remain fixed in my resolve to keep everything in order. Today, I began to list the many family relatives I have found, what they have shared with me and what items many still hope to show me. I was amazed to see the list of distant relatives amassed at seventeen (17) ~ Stunning to realize all my life, these wonderful people were unaware of me and I of them. And more stunning is my new knowledge of family history through them and how it enhances my life.

Yes, I still have people to call and others to find but the roadway along the way makes me smile and I look forward to tomorrow's genealogical adventure!

No comments: